We are Whanganui’s premier general engineering company, undertaking a broad range of mechanical, structural, transport and general engineering.
Garmac Engineering is a family run business that has been serving Whanganui and the wider area since 1978. We have established ourselves as the first choice for local engineering jobs and projects, irrespective of whether they’re big or small.
We pride ourselves on getting the job done right and to a high standard whilst also working towards tight deadlines and being cost competitive.
Our company is led by directors and brothers, Jamie and Trent Williamson, and the majority of our employees have been with the company over five years.
WHAT WE DO
Getting the job done right and to a high standard
- Factory maintenance (including machinery shutdowns)
- Site work
- Full machining (including cutting, grinding and profiling most metals)
- Line boring
- Supplying steel and aluminium throughout Whanganui
- Heavy vehicle repairs
- Chassis extensions
- Farm machinery
- Forestry machining including fabricating Robs and Fobs
- Ute decks and trays
- Jet boats
- Ski fields – fabricating ski towers
- Mower heads
- Rope winchers
- Building Structures – incl. Whanganui computer extensions, tapas bar, new home builds nationwide, garages
- Firebox repairs
- Washing line repairs
- Tent poles
- Supply of plates and grapples
- Marine engineering
- Structural fabrication
- Seismic strengthening
- Building Structures